Tuesday, April 20, 2010

World Cup 2010


Despite the fact that our beloved Ireland failed to make it to the World Cup (were robbed by a dirty Frenchman) I am still very excited about it. The World Cup is the biggest event in world sports and the excitement that surrounds the event is like no other. This years tournament is the first to be held on African soil and I'm sure the enthusiastic African culture will make this World Cup one of the best ever. Due to the fact that Ireland aren't competing this year may take from the excitement of the Irish public. However I have the solution and it is a simple one...gamble!

The advert for sky betting really sums it up "it matters more when there is money on it". Never a truer word spoken. Myself and a group of my friends have set up a bet amongst ourselves, we drew teams from a hat at €50 a man. I pulled out Italy and USA, I have to say I feel a little unlucky but saying that you can never write off the Italians. So the other day I went out and bought an Italy jersey obviously it doesn't compare to the pride of watching the boys in green but it is definitely the next best thing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment