Tuesday, February 16, 2010

OLIVES STUDENT HALL OF FAME AWARDS

just to let you all know,we have some very talented students amongst us, each week i have decided to share our stundents talents with you all,
this weeks i am delighted to say our student hall of fame award goes to vinny, check out this beautiful poem called the bench, it not only beat hundreds of poems through out the country but was one of the select few choosen to be printed, well done vinny!!
THE BENCH
not to exclude nature too much and trying to build up a suitable excuse I take place beside you on that rotten wooden bench silently I trace my finger through the air sketching out what i have done your eyes begin to fill with tears on that dirty wet bench things don't seem as bright I'd love to coat you in sweetness but before i get a chance you've already fallen to your knees and begin to pull on your heart's strings not to exclude nature too much you offer me your machine dripping with blood, oil and sadness I place it on this beautiful bench
BY VINNY

No comments:

Post a Comment